Healthy Citizens Initiative

Riverside residents** are eligible for reduced rates at area fitness centers through the Riverside Healthy Citizens Initiative.  Through this program, residents will pay 25% of the membership fee and the City will pay the remaining 75%.
Eligible Fitness FacilitiesYMCA of Greater Kansas City
15 Locations including the Riverside Community Center

Gladstone Community Center
(816) 423-4200
How to Sign Up
  • For the Gladstone Community Center - purchase a single or family membership.  You will pay the full cost up front and can only purchase a maximum of six months at one time.  Bring a copy of your receipt and a copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill (gas, water, electric) to the Riverside Community Center.  The City will verify your residency in Riverside and issue a reimbursement by mail for 75% of the membership cost.
  • For the YMCA - Go to the North Kansas City YMCA, either of the Platte County Community Centers in Parkville or Platte City, or the Riverside Community Center and purchase a single, family or teen membership.  Bring a copy of your drivers license and a copy of a current utility bill (gas, water, electric) with you so they can verify your Riverside residency.  The YMCA will charge you 25% of the membership fee and bill the City for the remaining 75%.  
Questions?Contact the Riverside Community Center at (816) 741-4172.
**Resident is defined as within Riverside City limits, not unincorporated Platte County.