Court Administrator Shayla Jones

Municipal Court

municipalcourtThe Municipal Court of the City of Riverside is part of the 6th Judicial Circuit Court of Platte County. The Court handles city ordinance cases/violations for the City or Riverside.

Riverside Municipal Division-Electronic Implementation 

Effective January 1, 2022 Riverside Municipal division cases are now part of All current cases not including warrants will be listed there. If you have a warrant you can still find information online.

Court questions call (816) 372-9031.

WARRANTS-If you fail to appear on your court date, the judge will issue a bench warrant for your arrest.  Warrants are not payable online! 
  • The court cannot give legal advice and cannot advise you which is best for your circumstance. 
  • If you have an attorney you should talk with counsel to see which option for dealing with your warrant is best for you. 
  • Warrants/Bonds are processed at the police department. 

Municipal Court Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Court Staff:
Municipal Judge: Judge Mark Ferguson
Prosecutor: Amy Ashelford
Court Administrator: Shayla Jones
Assistant Court Clerk: Anita MoralesDirections
  • 71 Hwy: Take 71 Hwy N to I-29N and take the Vivion Road exit. Turn left onto NW Vivion Road and end at 2950 NW Vivion Rd.
  • I-29 Hwy S: Take I-29 S to the Riverside exit (NW Gateway). Turn right onto NW Vivion Road and end at 2950 NW Vivion Rd.
  • I-29 Hwy N: Follow the 71 Hwy Directions.   
Court DocketsAll court sessions are held on Wednesday evening. See Court Dates for the complete schedule.
Traffic Citations and Continuances  The traffic/summons docket starts at 4:30 p.m.  There is a mandatory appearance for all citations involving an accident, driving while suspended or revoked, failure to provide insurance, speeding in excess of 26 mph over the limit and DUIs. You must appear on the date listed on your summons. If you are charged with no insurance/failure to provide proof or no valid license and you have the required documentation, be prepared to submit that in court.

The Court Clerk is not allowed to grant continuances, only the Municipal Judge or Prosecutor may continue a defendant’s case.