Frequently Asked Questions

What forms of payment are accepted?

We accept cash, cashier’s checks and money orders. If paying at the court office, we also accept credit and debit cards, except American Express. Please do not mail cash. Personal checks are not accepted.  You may also pay online at TrafficPayment.com.  Please note that you cannot pay warrants or past due tickets online, and there is 5% processing fee for online payments.

How do I continue my case?

Cases may be continued on your court date by a Prosecutor or Judge. Clerks are not allowed to grant continuances by phone, fax, email or in person. You must appear on your court date. If you need legal advice please contact a licensed Missouri attorney.

Can I pay double to have a speeding ticket kept off my record?

No. You must contact a licensed Missouri attorney.

Can I take a defensive driving course to avoid points on my record?
We do not allow this option.
How do I get my license re-instated?

You must pay any and all outstanding citations and obtain a compliance letter. You may take the compliance letter to a driver’s license bureau. The Department of Motor Vehicles charges a re-instatement fee of $20 plus a processing fee. Please contact the Department of Revenue with specific questions at (573) 751-4475.

When is my court date?
You may search your court date by clicking the link "Look Up My Ticket" on the main page or by clicking "Record Search" in the navigation pane.  You do not need your ticket to look up your case. You may search by name/dob/license plate number. 

If you have not found your ticket after searching online, please call 816-372-9031.
How do I get a public defender?
The Riverside Municipal Court does not employ public defenders.  The listed form below for assistance is only for NON-TRAFFIC OFFENSES ONLY.
Fill out the Financial Statement form below and BRING to your Court date and give to Judge. DO NOT EMAIL THE FORM to court.

Financial Statement
How do I pay for my ticket?
You may pay for your ticket using one of the following options:

  • Click link "Pay My Ticket"
  • Online: www.trafficpayment.com 
  • Mail In: By money order or cashier's check only (no personal or business checks).
  • In Person: By cash, money order, cashier's check or credit card (no personal or business checks) between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Report a Concern or Share a Comment
We value your input and if you would like to report a concern or would like to share a comment.
Please click
Contact Court to download form. You may submit/email form to municipalcourt@riversidemo.com