Garage Sale Permits
Garage Sale Permits
All Riverside residents intending to hold a garage sale must complete a garage sale permit. Participation in the citywide garage sale will not count against any individual's limit of two (2) permits per year nor are garage sale permits required for participation.
For copies of the Riverside garage sale license, please see the Document Center, top right.
No. While there are no fees to hold a garage sale, we do ask that you complete and submit a permit.
For copies of the Riverside garage sale permit, please see below or request a copy at the City Clerk's office.
Yes. Residents are limited to two (2) permits per year.
Yes. To protect our community and help control litter, the City requires the following:
- Signs must be located outside of City, State or Federal road easements
- Signs may not be attached to utility poles or other appurtenances that exist within public street or road easements
- Two (2) signs of not more than 4 square feet each are permitted to be displayed on the property of the residence where the garage sale is being conducted
- Off-property signage is also limited to two (2) signs of no more than 4 square feet each (provided that permission to erect such signs is received from the property owner upon whose property such signs are to be placed)
- Signs may be erected in the right-of-way, providing the sign is placed 7 feet from the curb or edge of the street pavement and the height of the sign does not impede traffic visibility
- How are neighborhood garage sales handled?
- Participation in a neighborhood sale must be charged against one property owner in the neighborhood. Each individual involved in a neighborhood or group sale must complete and sign a Garage Sale Permit form. Participation in the citywide garage sale will not count against any individual's limit of two (2) permits per year.
Yes. To protect residents and local businesses, applicants must affirm that the items being sold are personal property of the applicant and in no way were acquired or assigned to the applicant for the purpose of resale.