- Issues various licenses
- Provides certified Notary Public services
- Provides accurate and official copies of Board of Aldermen Agendas and Minutes
- Provides authorized and current records of all ordinances and code books
- Certifies official City records
- Administers oaths, including newly elected officials
- Administers oaths for newly hired officers in the Department of Public Safety (in the absence of the Judge)
- Prepares legal notices
- Maintains the official City Seal
- Conducts candidate filing for yearly general municipal elections.
City Clerk office hours:The City Clerk's office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Who appoints the City Clerk:The City Clerk is appointed by the Board of Aldermen.