Code Enforcement

dsc01010Code enforcement works to ensure property maintenance and nuisance codes are properly enforced.  These codes are concerned with the ongoing health, safety, maintenance, and occupancy of existing structures and properties. The development and implementation of a property maintenance program reflects Riverside's commitment to the safety, healthfulness, quality, and presentation of the community. In general, the Property Maintenance codes cover:

  • Property littered with trash or debris
  • Illegal dumping
  • Tall grass or weeds in excess of 10 inches in height
  • Inoperable, abandoned, or unregistered vehicles and those with expired tags
  • Parking on unimproved surfaces
  • Outdoor storage of equipment or appliances
  • Excessive animal waste
  • Deteriorated buildings
  • Dead animals and garbage
  • Flooding, pool, and pond maintenance
  • Infestation

To report a property maintenance or nuisance issue, contact Code Enforcement by clicking the following link or call 816-741-3993.
 Report Potential Code Enforcement Issues

Property Maintenance Checklist

This checklist provides the most common property maintenance code violations we see in our community.  Please make sure these violations do not exist on your property.  If they do, please correct them as soon as possible.  If you need assistance addressing code violations, there are programs and resources to help you.  Contact Code Enforcement at 816-741-3993. Information about the Federal Fair Housing ActWhether people are trying to rent, buy, sell, or finance a home or apartment, as a tenant, homeowner, or landlord, they need to know the rights and protections provided by the Federal Fair Housing Act, and state and local fair housing laws. It's equally important for people to know where to file a complaint if they suspect they are a victim of discrimination or predatory lending. Federal law makes it unlawful to discriminate in housing based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or family status (families with children under the age of 18, or who are expecting a child). Broader protections are often provided under state, county, or city laws. If you feel that your fair housing rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development by calling HUD's national toll-free hotline, 1-800-669-9777, or file a complaint online here. Missouri residents can contact the Missouri Commission on Human Rights toll-free discrimination complaint hotline, 877-781-4236, or file a complaint online here.